This is a good "pantry" recipe since I almost always have these ingredients on hand. It was light and delicious.
Penne with Herbs, Tomatoes, and Peas
Showcase the many cherry tomatoes from your garden in Penne with Herbs, Tomatoes, and Peas.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 13.7g
- Carbohydrate: 53.3g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 4 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Add pasta mixture, salt, and pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil and parsley. Sprinkle with cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note