A good summer pasta salad, but I would cook the tofu much longer next time, or better yet bake it for better texture, and would add a touch more dressing. Great dill flavor. Make sure to use super fresh cherry tomatoes and green beans.
Penne, Crispy Tofu, and Green Bean Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.1g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 (15-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 ounces tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups (2-inch) cut green beans (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- To prepare salad, pat tofu cubes dry with a paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; chill 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes; add beans, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Combine tofu, pasta mixture, tomatoes, and dill in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This