- 1 (15-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 ounces tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups (2-inch) cut green beans (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- calories 187
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 5.4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 2.2 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 8.9 g
- carbohydrate 27.1 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 4.5 mg
- sodium 101 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
To prepare salad, pat tofu cubes dry with a paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; chill 30 minutes.
Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes; add beans, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water, and drain. Combine tofu, pasta mixture, tomatoes, and dill in a large bowl.
To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.