- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders, cut into (1-inch) pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- calories 446
- caloriesfromfat 15 %
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 3.2 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 38.5 g
- carbohydrate 57.1 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 774 mg
- calcium 153 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub over chicken.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat; set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Any small pasta will work in this quick, easy entree. Ground fennel and coriander bring a welcome complexity to the chicken and impart their flavor to the sauce.