A nice simple dish. Add a little more red chile flakes if you like it warm.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 362
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Sodium: 856mg
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 4 ounces pancetta or good-quality bacon, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Cook pancetta in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until partly translucent. Spoon off most of drippings. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until browned, 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except parmesan and cook over high heat until juices have reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add pasta, stir to coat, and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes