Penne Alla Vodka
Pasta with a creamy vodka-tomato sauce is a popular American-Italian dish. We've lightened it by using fat-free half-and-half and less olive oil, and we've increased the fiber by using multigrain pasta. The vodka adds a hint of dryness and perhaps a little sophistication, but you could substitute a dry white wine.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 304mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Calcium: 174mg
- 10 ounces multigrain penne (such as Barilla Plus)
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, combine 1/4 cup half-and-half and flour, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, and cook 5 minutes. Add half-and-half mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; add tomato mixture and cheese. Toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note