- 10 ounces multigrain penne (such as Barilla Plus)
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 245
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- protein 12.4 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 304 mg
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fiber 3.9 g
- calcium 174 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
While pasta cooks, combine 1/4 cup half-and-half and flour, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, and cook 5 minutes. Add half-and-half mixture; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Place pasta in a large bowl; add tomato mixture and cheese. Toss well.