Pennant Sugar Cookies
Simply press lollipop sticks into dough before baking. Before you know it, you’ll be ready to eat up the competition—literally!
More From Southern Living
Chill: 10 Minutes
Bake: 15 Minutes
Cool: 35 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lollipop sticks
- Royal Icing
- Colorful Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter, vanilla, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beating until blended.
- 2. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended.
- 3. Divide dough into 2 equal portions; flatten each portion into a disk. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- 4. Place 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut with a 21/2 x 5 1/2-inch pennant-shaped cutter. Place 6 cookies on each lightly greased baking sheet. Insert 1 lollipop stick into bottom of each cookie. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- 5. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool. Decorate baked cookies as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note