Peeps in Nests
Coconut nests for Peeps to rest in.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup(s) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 30 piece(s) tiny jelly beans
- 12 head(s) Peeps Chicks
- 1- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- 2- In a bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and frothy, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the coconut and flour until well blended.
- 3- To make the nests, make 12 mounds of about 3 tablespoons batter each, placing them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Use a spoon to spread each mound into a 2 1/2 inch circle with a depression in the center.
- 4- Bake until the nests are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully press 3 jelly beans into the center of each nest. Use a spatula to transfer the nests to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the nests in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Top each nest with a Chick just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Suzmoss and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peeps in Nests Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies