Very disappointed in how this turned out. I planned to bring this to my mother's birthday party tomorrow, and followed the instructions precisely. I did not have a candy themometer, but boiled for 12 minutes, stirring constantly. It turned out like fudge. I wasted nearly $20.00 in ingredients. Extremely disappointed.
Yield: 1 3/4 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bars, broken into small pieces
- Line a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Sprinkle with 1 cup pecans to within 1 inch of edges.
- Bring sugar, butter, and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 12 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310° (hard crack stage). Pour over pecans; sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Chill 30 minutes. Break up toffee using a mallet or rolling pin. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts