Pecan Tassies [2011-04-03 15:33:18.581]
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 24-cup mini muffin pan
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 ounce(s) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 3/4 cup(s) light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 dash(es) Pam cooking-oil spray
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans (chopped)
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1 stick(s) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray the 24cup minimuffin pan with a little cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 stick of the softened butter and the 3ounces of cream cheese. Stir in the flour. (For a sweeter pastry, optionally add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of white sugar.)
- Form the dough into a ball. Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Press the pieces into the bottom and up the sides of 24 small (2tablespoon) muffin tins. (For a chocolate version, optionally place 3 chocolate chips into the pressed dough cups before covering them with the pecansugar mixture. Total chocolate chips needed is 72; this equates to a scant 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.)
- In another small bowl, beat the egg lightly, then add the 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar. Add the 1 Tablespoon of softened butter. Add the 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt. Stir in the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Divide the filling among the pastrylined tins, bake the tassies in a preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes, or until the filling is puffed slightly and the pastry is golden.
- Remove from pan when they have cooled for a couple of minutes.
- Let them cool completely on a rack.
- HINT: These stick to the pan if there is any bit of pecansugar mixture that comes into contact with the pan itself. Be careful to line the entire cup and sides with the dough.
- Makes 24 confections, 2 per person yields 12 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RERichter and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note