- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add flour and salt; beat until combined. Divide dough in half. Flatten each half into a round disk about 1 inch thick. Wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Flatten balls, and place in 3-inch muffin cups, forming each into a shell. (Dough should form a lip above muffin cups.) Sprinkle pecans evenly in pastry cups.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients until blended. Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over pecans. (Pastries will be full.) Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan Tarts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Pies/Pastries
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, Southern
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Nuts, Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Weddings, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes Like This