Yield: about 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine,softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add egg yolk, flour, and next 3 ingredients, beating well. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form; spread over dough in pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, gently pressing into dough.
- Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Cut into 2- x 1-inch sticks while warm. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts
Food & Wine