I have tried other "pecan bar" recipes, and this is by far the best. I like to make them is a smaller sized baking dish - tastes like a hunk of pecan pie! YUM!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Sift together 2 cups flour and 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Cut in 3/4 cup softened butter using a pastry blender or fork just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in pecans, and pour hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool completely before cutting into 2-inch squares.
- Judy Russell, Birmingham, Alabama
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts