Poisoned Pecan Squares
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
Don't let the name fool you! These pecan squares are so delicious you'll have to tell your friends they've been poisoned to keep them from disappearing.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup plus 1 T. butter, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 1/2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- Sift together flour and powdered sugar. Cut in 3/4 cup softened butter using a pastry blender or fork just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs meal. Pat mixture on bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden. Cool. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and whipping cream to a boil. Stir in pecans and pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares. Makes about 28 squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This