There were no leftovers to this dish, everyone loved it! I omitted the onion because my husband is sensitive to them but it didn't seem to effect the dish. Love this rice!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove bay leaf; stir in pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note