Well I liked the sound of this recipe because I had all of the ingredients! One problem though...I am a cook and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to 4 cups of flour? These cookies would not be remotely sweet. They wouldn't even be a very bland biscotti! The sugar to butter ratio should be closer to 1/2 cup to each 1 cup of butter.Good Luck!
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional powdered sugar
- Cream butter; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually stir in flour. Fold in pecans. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Break off dough by heaping teaspoons, and shape into 2- inch crescents. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove immediately from cookie sheets, and coat with additional powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes