My grandmother used to make these and called them cocoons. I love them.
This buttery rich dough is filled with finely chopped pecans, shaped into crescents and covered in powdered sugar. It's hard to sneak a few bites of these cookies as your face may get covered in powdered sugar!
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Additional powdered sugar
- Cream butter; gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla; beat well. Gradually stir in flour. Fold in pecans. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Break off dough by heaping teaspoons, and shape into 2- inch crescents. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 300° for 20 minutes. Remove immediately from cookie sheets, and coat with additional powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note