Tasty. Rather than roll the dough out and cut it with a cookie cutter, I shaped the dough into logs that were 2 inches in diameter and wrapped them tightly in parchment paper. That way I could slice and bake when ready.
- 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Beat cheese, butter, half-and-half, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, pecans, and rosemary, beating just until combined.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Divide into 4 equal portions, and flatten each into a disk; roll each disk to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch round cutter. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers