When this recipe appeared in the November 2000 issue of Southern Living, I made this dish while on vacation. We loved this dish so much that I made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas that year. It is not only delicious, but it also makes a beautiful presentation because of the different colored bell peppers. My family now requests this for every holiday. Being from Louisiana, I can get LA crawfish mostly year round. Try it, if you haven't yet! It serves a crowd.
Pecan, Rice, and Crawfish Dressing
- 1 medium onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen peeled, cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 small bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Chop first 4 ingredients. Cook vegetables, ground beef, and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Stir in crawfish and next 6 ingredients; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan, Rice, and Crawfish Dressing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles