We loved this bread; I used English walnuts as the pecans at my market didn't look as good. Three loaves got done in just over an hour. Smelled, looked and tasted heavenly.
Yield: Makes 2 loaves
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together pumpkin, next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpans.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads