We loved this bread; I used English walnuts as the pecans at my market didn't look as good. Three loaves got done in just over an hour. Smelled, looked and tasted heavenly.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, and make a well in center of mixture. Whisk together pumpkin, next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpans.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads