Pecan-Praline Snack Mix
Once this sweet-and-salty treat is completely cool, divide it into 1/2-cup portions, and store it in snack-size zip-top plastic bags. This offers portion control and a prepackaged on-the-go snack in one easy step.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 1 hour and 2 minutes; Other: 10 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 4 cups crispy corn-cereal squares (such as Corn Chex) or criss-cross of corn and rice cereal (such as Crispix)
- 3 cups tiny pretzel twists
- 3 cups honey-flavored bear-shaped graham crackers
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a foil-lined roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until sugar and butter melt, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Immediately pour syrup mixture evenly over cereal mixture, tossing quickly to coat well.
- 4. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread warm snack mix in a single layer on wax paper to cool. Break cooled snack mix apart. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note