Pecan Praline Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 24 cookies)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 15 Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Stir together gingersnaps and 1/4 cup melted butter; press mixture into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt; beat 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared crust. Set aside.
- Stir together brown sugar, pecans, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and remaining 1/4 cup melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle around edge of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until center is firm. Turn off oven. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drizzle caramel topping on edge of chilled cheesecake, if desired.
- To make caramel topping, place caramels and whipping cream in 1-cup microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at High for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring halfway through cooking time, until melted.
- Note: Commercial caramel ice-cream topping may be substituted for caramel topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan Praline Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This