Pecan Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour and salt, and add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This