Pecan Pie Filling
Photo: Charles Walton
This recipe goes with Pecan Pie Cake
Yield: about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla extract. Place a sheet of wax paper directly on surface of mixture to prevent a film from forming, and chill 4 hours.
- Note: To chill filling quickly, pour filling into a bowl. Place bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice. Whisk constantly until cool (about 15 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts