Pecan Pie Cupcakes
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs separated, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract divided
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) pecans divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add 4 egg yolks. Beat well. Add 2 tsp vanilla. Mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- With clean beaters and medium-sized bowl, beat 4 egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the batter with a spatula.
- Fold in 1 cup of the pecans.
- Reserve 2/3 cup batter. Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 full with batter. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine the reserved batter with corn syrup, 3 eggs, brown sugar, the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of pecans.
- Spoon the pecan topping on partially baked cupcakes.
- \Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes come out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by humboldt29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan Pie Cupcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cupcakes
More Recipes for Main Dishes