This recipe was delicious and received raving reviews! It was a little difficult to make, I recommend refrigerating the dough for much longer than an hour. Also, I added a teaspoon of vanilla to the dough.
Pecan Pie Cookies
These pecan pie cookies pack the sweet flavors of traditional pecan pie into bite-size indulgences perfect for holiday gatherings.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Beat 1 cup butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup corn syrup and egg yolks, beating well. Gradually stir in flour; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; stir in powdered sugar and 3 tablespoons corn syrup. Cook, stirring often, until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans; chill 30 minutes. Shape mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls into 1/4-inch balls; set aside.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Beat egg whites until foamy; brush on dough balls.
- Bake at 375° for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, and place pecan balls in center of each cookie. Bake 8 to 10 more minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes on baking pans; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Freeze up to 1 month, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts