I made this recipe to the letter and noticed that the formula doesn't include salt. The finished brownies are sweet and chocolatey, but even 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt would have made them better. Also, adding extra pecans—approx. one cup, prior to baking—would heighten the "pecan pie" aspect of this dessert.
Pecan Pie Brownies
Want to make your brownies extra amazing? Add a premade frozen pecan pie to your homemade batter. The result? Mouthwatering brownies! Take the frozen pie out of the freezer 2 hours before you need to prepare this recipe so that it has time to thaw.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 1 (2-pound) frozen pecan pie, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Cut pie into cubes. Set aside.
- Microwave 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chunks in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute. Stir and microwave 1 more minute. Stir until mixture is smooth.
- Beat chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, milk, and half of pie cubes at low speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer until blended.
- Add flour and baking powder, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Stir remaining half of pie cubes into batter. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into a 13- x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes. Cool brownies completely on a wire rack. Cut into triangles or squares.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mrs. Edward's Frozen Pecan Pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note