I made these and cut in 1 inch squares for a bridal tea. They were the one goody that was almost gone at the end of the tea.
Pecan Pie Bars
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl; cut in 3/4 cup butter thoroughly with a pastry blender until mixture resembles very fine crumbs. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13" x 9" pan, using a piece of plastic wrap to press crumb mixture firmly in pan. Bake at 350° for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently. Remove from heat. Stir one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot mixture. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350° for 34 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts