These are delicious and so easy. I put in 1 cup of pecans and hubby and I ate half of them for dessert last night. A definite repeat.
Pecan Pie Bars
Splurge on these wonderful little pecan pie bars! They are a unique idea for a church social or holiday cookie exchange.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour with 3 tablespoons brown sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until coarse crumbs form. Press into a lightly greased 11"x7" baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat eggs in a large bowl and add remaining brown sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Blend in pecans and pour mixture into hot crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note