I made this for Thanksgiving as an alternative to pecan pie. Although they were very easy to make and looked beautiful they were dry and had very little taste. I will not try them again. I had hoped for something that tasted more like a pecan pie since they were called "Pecan Pie Bars".
Pecan Pie Bars
Splurge on these wonderful little pecan pie bars! They are a unique idea for a church social or holiday cookie exchange.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour with 3 tablespoons brown sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until coarse crumbs form. Press into a lightly greased 11"x7" baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, beat eggs in a large bowl and add remaining brown sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, corn syrup and vanilla. Blend in pecans and pour mixture into hot crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies