- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
How to Make It
MIX flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt with an electric mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly and evenly into a greased jelly roll pan (15 x 10-inches).
BAKE 20 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown.
BEAT eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in pecans.
POUR over hot crust; spread evenly.
BAKE 25 minutes at 350ºF until filling is firm around the edges and slightly firm in center.
COOL completely on wire rack before cutting.