SO delicious! made it last night & everyone loved it! followed directions, except did lite corn syrup. turned out so good. didnt know making a pecan pie would be so easy. going to make over and over for sure!!
Pecan pie is the quintessential southern dessert for a reason. That warm, sweet filling along with the crunch of the nuts creates a treat to drool over.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Walter's Ultimate Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients until thoroughly blended. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into piecrust.
- 3. Bake at 350° on lower rack 40 minutes or until pie is set, shielding edges with aluminum foil after 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with Walter's Ultimate Vanilla Ice Cream, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note