yum, yum, yum, yum yum! Took this to a neighborhood dinner last night, and everyone ate more salad than anything else!
Candied Pecan, Pear, and Spinach Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 2.7g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons roasted pecan oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium firm-ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 tsp. each salt and cardamom, the cayenne, and cloves. Stir in nuts. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 2. Bake, stirring once in a while with a fork, until syrup is deep golden, about 15 minutes. Stir again, then transfer nuts on paper to a work surface. Let nuts cool, breaking them up after 5 minutes.
- 3. Whisk oil, vinegar, pepper, shallot, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and cardamom in a large bowl. Gently toss with spinach, pears, and nuts. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine