- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons roasted pecan oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 medium firm-ripe pears, thinly sliced
- calories 261
- caloriesfromfat 64 %
- protein 2.7 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 25 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- sodium 259 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, 1/4 tsp. each salt and cardamom, the cayenne, and cloves. Stir in nuts. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake, stirring once in a while with a fork, until syrup is deep golden, about 15 minutes. Stir again, then transfer nuts on paper to a work surface. Let nuts cool, breaking them up after 5 minutes.
Whisk oil, vinegar, pepper, shallot, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and cardamom in a large bowl. Gently toss with spinach, pears, and nuts. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.