Pecan Pastry Shell
Photo: J. Savage Gibson; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until finely chopped. Remove pecans.
- Add flour and sugar to processor; pulse twice. Add butter; pulse until crumbly. Combine water and vanilla; pour through food chute with processor running. Process just until dough begins to form a ball.
- Add chopped pecans; pulse twice or until pecans are incorporated.
- Sprinkle hands with flour, and shape dough into a smooth ball; cover in plastic wrap, and chill at least 20 minutes.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of plastic wrap; fit into a 9-inch pieplate. Trim excess pastry from edges; crimp edges, if desired. Prick bottom and sides of pastry. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil or wax paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 2 more minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts