Pecan Pancake with Caramel-Apple Topping
Instead of individual pancakes, consider whipping up the jelly-roll pan-baked Pecan Pancake with Caramel-Apple Topping. This pancake is the perfect solution when servings 6 or more people. The Caramel-Apple Topping would be good over ice cream, too.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Caramel-Apple Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Gently stir in butter. (Do not overmix; batter will be lumpy.)
- 2. Pour batter into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and done. Serve immediately with Caramel-Apple Topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note