Pecan "Milk" Punch
Toasted pecans, cream of coconut, cinnamon, and a topping of sweetened whipped cream make it hard to tell if Pecan "Milk" Punch is a cocktail or dessert. Don't make this a hard decision--serve this bourbon concoction for both!
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 33 Minutes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cane syrup
- 1 tablespoon cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream, fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes. Process pecans, syrup, cream of coconut, cinnamon, vanilla, and kosher salt in a food processor 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. With processor running, pour water through food chute. Press mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, using back of spoon. Discard solids. Cover and chill 3 to 24 hours. Stir in bourbon just before serving. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- Try This Twist!
- Milky Pecan Punch: Add 1 cup milk with bourbon. Makes: 3 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note