Make-ahead tip: Chill up to 7 days.
This recipe goes with Chocolate Velvet Groom's Cake
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a 3-quart saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly; boil 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2. Whisk in pecans, butter, and vanilla. Place a sheet of wax paper directly on surface of mixture to prevent a film from forming; chill 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts
Food & Wine