How do you go one better on a classic? Add honey and dates to the filling, make a press-in cream cheese crust, and miniaturize.
Sunset NOVEMBER 2011
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Make crust: In a food processor, whirl flour, butter, and cream cheese until coarse crumbs form. Add egg yolk and whirl until dough comes together.
2. Pull off a scant tbsp. of dough and press evenly over bottom and up sides of one cup in a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Repeat for all cups. Chill while making filling.
3. Make filling: Whisk together egg, brown sugar, honey, and salt in a bowl. Stir in pecans.
4. Sprinkle dates evenly over bottoms of muffin cups. Spoon pecan filling on top until full but not overflowing.
5. Bake until crusts are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack about 10 minutes, then run a knife along edges and lift out pies to rack to cool completely.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-pie serving.
Go to Full Version of