Pecan Date Mini Pies
How do you go one better on a classic? Add honey and dates to the filling, make a press-in cream cheese crust, and miniaturize.
More From Sunset
Cool: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Make crust: In a food processor, whirl flour, butter, and cream cheese until coarse crumbs form. Add egg yolk and whirl until dough comes together.
- 2. Pull off a scant tbsp. of dough and press evenly over bottom and up sides of one cup in a 24-cup mini muffin pan. Repeat for all cups. Chill while making filling.
- 3. Make filling: Whisk together egg, brown sugar, honey, and salt in a bowl. Stir in pecans.
- 4. Sprinkle dates evenly over bottoms of muffin cups. Spoon pecan filling on top until full but not overflowing.
- 5. Bake until crusts are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool on a rack about 10 minutes, then run a knife along edges and lift out pies to rack to cool completely.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-pie serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note