Making this again tonight. Really loved it the first time. Easy to do. I used steel head salmon. I made a wild rice and apple side to go with it. Recipe for that is on Cooking Light!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 15.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) rainbow trout fillets, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place pecans in a mini chopper or food processor; pulse until pecans are finely ground. Combine pecans and panko in a shallow dish.
- 2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge tops of fish in nut mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Place half of fish, breading side down, in pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over; cook 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; cover and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes