This was FABULOUS! My family loved it. The recipe was a bit time-consuming but not difficult. I cooked the pork a LOT longer than suggested in the recipe because it was still pink even though the pieces weren't any thicker than what is in the photo. The pork was still very tender. I also left out the bacon from on top of the potatoes.
Pecan-Crusted Pork with Red Onion Marmalade and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
A must-try: This recipe got raves in our Test Kitchens. Use a food processor to grind the pecans.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cutlets, 1/4 cup onion marmalade, and 3/4 cup sweet potatoes)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 685
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 23.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 33.2g
- Carbohydrate: 87.3g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Calcium: 89mg
- 2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 bacon slice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange potato slices in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar; arrange bacon on top. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes over; bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender. Keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 2 tablespoons sugar; cook 6 minutes or until onion is tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in water, vinegar, and ginger; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Trim fat from pork, and cut crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Combine 1/4 cup flour, ground pecans, and pepper in a separate shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pork in egg whites; dredge in pecan mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Arrange pork in pan in a single layer. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Top pork with onion mixture; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Serve with sweet potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pecan-Crusted Pork with Red Onion Marmalade and Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes