- 2 pounds peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 bacon slice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- calories 685
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 23.2 g
- satfat 5.4 g
- monofat 11.4 g
- polyfat 4.9 g
- protein 33.2 g
- carbohydrate 87.3 g
- fiber 9.1 g
- cholesterol 86 mg
- iron 4.5 mg
- sodium 190 mg
- calcium 89 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange potato slices in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar; arrange bacon on top. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes over; bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender. Keep warm.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 2 tablespoons sugar; cook 6 minutes or until onion is tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in water, vinegar, and ginger; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, and remove from heat.
Trim fat from pork, and cut crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow dish. Combine 1/4 cup flour, ground pecans, and pepper in a separate shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip pork in egg whites; dredge in pecan mixture, coating both sides.
Melt butter in pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Arrange pork in pan in a single layer. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Top pork with onion mixture; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Serve with sweet potatoes.