Great recipe, wouldn't change a thing
Pecan-crusted Halibut with Dijon Cream Sauce
Photo: Oxmoor House
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/4 cup butter
- Dijon Cream Sauce
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Whisk mustard and eggs in another shallow bowl. Combine pecans and breadcrumbs in a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge each halibut fillet in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip halibut in egg mixture to coat; drain excess. Place halibut in pecan mixture, pressing slightly to coat both sides of the fillet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add fillets, in batches, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, adding additional butter as needed. Arrange fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until done. Serve with Dijon Cream Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note