- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a second bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge chicken in pecans, pressing firmly to adhere.
Cook chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet; wipe skillet clean.
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until garlic is caramel-colored and butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat, and stir in basil, parsley, and hot cooked tortellini. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with chicken.