Pecan-Crusted Chicken Fingers with Dijon-Maple Sauce
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.0g
- Protein: 31.5g
- Carbohydrate: 28.2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 463mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders (about 12 pieces)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt. Place 1/2 cup flour and egg substitute in separate shallow dishes. Combine 1/2 cup flour, pecans, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge each chicken tender in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip each tender in egg substitute; dredge dipped tenders in pecan mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Add half of chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil; lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and chicken tenders.
- Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until done.
- Combine chicken broth and cornstarch; add chicken broth mixture to pan (do not wipe clean). Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thick, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in maple syrup, mustard, butter, and lemon juice; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately with chicken tenders.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This