These cookies melt in your mouth. Perfect for holiday baking. I made them in an oblong shape and flattened them out a bit. Very easy and very delicious!
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Bake: 12 Minutes
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Pulse pecans in a food processor until they are coarse like sand.
- Beat butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in vanilla and ground pecans. Gradually add flour, beating until a soft dough forms. Beat at low speed just until combined. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 5 portions; divide each portion into 12 pieces. Roll dough pieces into 2-inch logs, curving ends to form crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note