Pecan Crescent Cookies
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Trinda Gage
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in cottage cheese until blended. Divide dough into thirds; wrap each portion separately in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
- Roll each portion into a 10-inch circle on a well-floured surface (dough will be sticky). Brush with melted butter; sprinkle each circle evenly with 1/2 cup brown sugar, and top with 1/3 cup pecans. Lightly press sugar and pecans into dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut each circle into quarters. Cut each quarter into 4 wedges, and roll up, starting with long end; place, point side down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note