Pecan Crescent Cookies
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Trinda Gage
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in cottage cheese until blended. Divide dough into thirds; wrap each portion separately in plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.
- Roll each portion into a 10-inch circle on a well-floured surface (dough will be sticky). Brush with melted butter; sprinkle each circle evenly with 1/2 cup brown sugar, and top with 1/3 cup pecans. Lightly press sugar and pecans into dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut each circle into quarters. Cut each quarter into 4 wedges, and roll up, starting with long end; place, point side down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove immediately to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts