Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Stir together pecans, flour, cornmeal, shallots, kosher salt, rosemary, and black pepper in a large bowl. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 1 week.
- TO MAKE PECAN CHICKEN TENDERS: Place Pecan-Cornmeal Dredge in a shallow bowl. Whisk together 1 large egg and 1/2 cup milk in another shallow bowl. Dip 16 chicken breast tenders, 1 at a time, in egg mixture; dredge in Pecan-Cornmeal Dredge. Pour vegetable oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325°. Fry chicken, in batches, in hot oil 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Makes 4 servings Hands-on 35 min., Total 35 min.
- PACKAGE PECAN-CORNMEAL DREDGE IN: Weck Tall 28.7-oz. Glass Jar ($4.50; westelm.com)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note