Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups white or yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Place butter in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet, and heat in a 450° oven 3 minutes.
- Whisk together egg and sour cream in a large bowl; stir in cornmeal and next 7 ingredients. Whisk in milk just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into hot skillet.
- Bake at 450° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads