Very good! they were a hit at my work. I devided the dought in 2 instead of 4, worked just fine and less rolling.
Photo: Romulo Yanes; Styling: Sarah Smart
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 12 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 54mg
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking powder, stirring with a whisk. Place butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until well blended. Beat in vanilla extract. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture; beat just until combined. Stir in pecans.
- 3. Shape dough into a 4-inch round, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 40 (2 x 3inch) cookies, rerolling scraps as necessary. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until lightly browned on bottoms. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Dust cooled cookies with powdered sugar.
- Dust cookies with a bit of powdered sugar for a finishing touch that's not too sweet. Place sugar in a fine sieve, and shake it over cooled cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies